Thursday, July 28, 2011

Plyo...Oh Man!

So, as I stated yesterday, I have started a new round of P90X with Erika, a fellow Pittsburgh Coach. Well yesterday was Day 2...which is Plyometrics.  And let me tell you...it is rough!  Now don't get me wrong, this was my first go-ahead at Plyo, but I did not think it was going to be that bad!  I mean, Tony isn't lying when he says that it is the mother of all P90X workouts.  Here is what is included on the Plyo Video...

Group 1 – Repeats

Jump Squats
Run Stance Squats
Airborne Heisman
Swing Kicks

Group 2 – Repeats
Squat Reach Jumps
Run Stance Squat Switch Pickups
Double Airborne Heisman
Circle Run

Group 3 – Repeats
Jump Knee Tucks
Mary Katherine Lunges
Leapfrog Squats
Twist Combo

Group 4 – Repeats
Rock Star Hops
Gap Jumps
Squat Jacks
Military March

Group 5 – Repeats
Run Squat 180 Jump Switches
Lateral Leapfrog Squats
Monster Truck Tires
Hot Foot

Bonus (Doesn’t Repeat)
Pitch and Catch – Mimics Baseball
Jump Shots – Mimics Basketball
Pitch and Catch – Mimics Football

Now keep in mind, yesterday was my first day doing Plyo and I definitely had a rough time.  I was only able to get through each group of exercises one time and I definitely did not do the bonus.  But next week, I will do more than I did this week, and soon I will be able to keep up with Tony and the kids. :)

Tonight is Shoulders and Arms and then Ab Ripper X...My FAVORITE P90X day!

No comments: