Sunday, July 17, 2011

National Kidney Foundation - Pittsburgh Kidney Walk 2011



Why I Am Walking


On March 20, 1977, my Aunt Karen received a kidney transplant. On May 2, 2011, 34 years, 1 month, and 12 days later, she left this life to move on to a better place. She led a very difficult life, but she fought and defied all odds until the very end. I am walking to honor her memory, and recognize her life. Without that transplant, I would have never gotten the chance to meet Aunt Karen, let alone spend 26 and a half years getting to know her. Help me raise awareness and honor my aunt, Karen Maher...Let's Walk!

To join Karen's Krusader and walk with us on November 6, 2011 at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium or to make a donation to Karen's Krusaders and help us reach our fundraising goal, click here!:

If you have any further questions, or would like to contact me, please feel free to do so!

kemaher@gmail.com
http://www.krismaher.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/krissibelle






No comments: