Monday, July 11, 2011

Hello? Is this thing on?

Hello everyone!  I hope that you all had a fabulous week and holiday.  I know that I promised blog entries while I was away but I had NO Wi-Fi access and my cell phone BARELY had reception.  I missed you all dearly, but I do have to say that it was kind of nice to take a break from the world.  It gave me time to reflect and think about everything that has happened over the past few months.  I have been going NON-STOP since April and a lot of huge changes happened in my life.  Now the reality is starting to sink in and I have realized just how much my life has changed.  Some of the changes were terrible, heartbreaking changes...But others were positive, happy changes!  Everything balances out :)

Let's start with the bad.  I know that I have touched on this in past entries, but it has finally sunk in.  My Aunt Karen is gone.  I think that I had accepted it on the outside, but never in my heart.  It finally hit me, and it hit me hard.  I will never get another completely pointless phone call, no more stories about the chicken, no more stories about Trix and Mariah her birds, no more of her criticizing me for things I don't do, but secretly praising me and telling everyone how great I am.  No more holidays with her in her PJ pants, and calling not-it in regards to who had to pick her up and take her home.  No more her keeping secrets about her health, but complaining about everyone else.  I have a few regrets..I left town when she needed me, I didn't visit her in her last hours, and I didn't tell her that I loved her nearly enough.  But I know that she knew...she knew that I would drop everything if she needed me.  She knew that she could count on me and my parents even if we yelled at her when she did stupid things.  She knew that she had a family that she could count on in hard times even if we didn't always talk or keep in touch.  She faced life with so much determination and spunk, never letting anyone tell her that she couldn't do something.  I admire her for everything that went through and everything that she did...she was a strong lady, a fiesty lady..And I miss her more and more every day.  I know that it will get easier as time passes by...but life has finally slowed down enough for me to look back on everything and realize that yes, it is real...and yes, she is gone.  RIP Aunt Karen..I love you.

Ok, I will let you throw your tissue away...I know I have to!

Now for the happy things!  I am finally starting to get myself back on track with Beachbody!  I am not going to lie, I definitely fell off of the work out and diet wagon...But not anymore!  I am ready to kick my own butt back into gear and really work hard!  I have goals...we all do...but I will not reach them just sitting around coming up with lame excuses!  I hurt my knee last Tuesday at the beach...but today I am going to work out and modify if I need to.  Also, I am going to start really working hard on my work out room because I finally got permission from the executor of my Aunt's estate to start cleaning out the house.  That means I will be getting my TV and DVD player soon!  YAY!

So, that was just a catch up on what has been going on in my head the past week or so...there is a LOT more, but if I share it all now, what will I blog about later???  Also, keep your eyes open for a new video blog within the next couple of days!

xoxo

No comments: