Thursday, July 28, 2011

Everyone Has to Work Hard to Look Good






Ok, so as you all know by now, Carrie Underwood is one of my idols (no pun intended).  I mean she is an all around great person, she has a kind heart, amazing talent, and let's face it...and AMAZING body.  She isn't perfect by any means, but her body is definitely one that both you and I could have.  I decided to look up what her fitness routine is...and found this awesome article.  Enjoy :)


Carrie Underwood’s Diet Secrets and Workout Tips



Country crooner Carrie Underwood is a longtime vegetarian, but knows that being meat-free isn’t one of those guaranteed quick weight loss tips. “Think of all the pasta you can eat, the pizza. You can do nachos and all sorts of cheesy things,” she told SELF. So how does she stay slim? Here are Carrie Underwood’s diet secrets:

1. Eat for energy. “If I eat too much before a show, I just want to sit down. Too little, and I’m starving. So I eat something small, like Quorn, a tasty meat-free protein, and green beans.”

2. Keep a food diary. Carrie has been tracking her intake for three years! She counts her calories on a regular basis, to see how it all adds up. “Once you realize, it’s like, ‘No wonder I’ve plateaued! No wonder I’ve been gaining weight!’” she says. “Little things really do add up.”

3. Enjoy your favorite foods, healthfully. In 2007 Carrie told SELF “My food indulgences are pizza, and I love… cheese. I have a big problem controlling myself with the cheese.” Two years later, it looks like she found a way to have her pizza and eat it too! Here’s her recipe favorite formula for a healthy, 250-calorie personal pizza: 1 Flatout wrap with 1/4 cup sauce, 1/2 cup fat-free or 2% cheese and loaded up with veggies.

4. Cut the sugar. “My sugar intake is way down, and I have a lot fewer breakouts. Now when I drink tea, it’s unsweetened. Or I’ll have water,” the start told SELF. “Also, I’m off soda. For so long, I’d have a Diet Coke with breakfast!”

Sure, you can probably tone up pretty quickly taking a Louisville slugger to headlights and slashing tires but it turns out that is not the way country idol Carrie Underwood maintains her rockin’ bod. Here are some of the slim and sexy superstar’s favorite fitness secrets:
1) Accessible Workouts. “I have Exercise TV on cable. Jillian Michael’s videos will kick your butt. She’s my trainer, and she doesn’t even know it!”


2.) Work toward an event. “Everybody has things they want to look nice for: anniversary, birthday, reunion. I’ll think to myself, Oh, that award show is coming up. Or, I have a photo shoot in four days! It’s nice to set goals.”

3.) Revel in success. “I love it when I feel good about myself. I’ll look at a photo and think, My arms look great!–and then I go work out my arms. Once you’re enjoying things about your body, you realize how much you want to keep them that way or make them better.”

4.) Favorite ab improver: “When I gain weight, it’s in the spare-tire area. I’ve told trainers abs are a physical impossibility for me. And every single time, they’re like, ‘Well, we’ll get you abs!’ So do I have them? No! But they’re as flat as they’re probably going to get. Push-ups work out everything. If you do them right, you’ll feel it in your abs. I do four sets of 10 to 20.”

No comments: