Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My "Why?"

So today I was given a homework assignment from my wonderful coach :)  And instead of emailing her my answer, I decided that I would post it here and share it with everyone.  SO here goes...

When becoming a Beachbody Coach (yes, I know you love my little "click here to join my team!" links), the first aspect of coaching that they ask you to reflect on is your "Why"...meaning why did you want to become a coach?  What motivates you?  What do you want to accomplish by joining this amazing group of people?  So I am going to share with you my why...

My first why is definitely because it is a BLAST!  Being a part of this team is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and it makes everyday so much fun!  Everyone is so upbeat and positive, and we all keep each other motivated and happy all of the time!  I am pretty sure that I have had a smile on my face 24/7 for the past few weeks. 

The potential for financial success is also a big driver for me.  Granted, I am not in it for the money...but it would definitely be an added bonuns.  I mean, who doesn't like to get paid for doing something that they LOVE to do?

But most importantly...My biggest "why" is pure passion. I started this journey on my own, and quickly Kati took me under her wing. I am so greatful for that and I am super lucky to have a coach like her. Because of this journey, we have very quickly become very close friends and I know that I can count on her for more than just health and fitness related things. I want to be to other what she is to me. Not only a motivator and supporter, but a great friend and someone that people can turn to without feeling ashamed or embarrassed. I have quickly become very passionate about being fit and living a healthy lifestyle, and I want to share my enthusiasm with anyone that will listen (and even those who don't know that they want to hear it yet). But I also want to listen to others and learn their goals and dreams, much like Kati did with me!  This is a scary thing to embark on alone, but you don't have to!  That is why I am here...to be your support system when you are feeling down, to push you to bring it even when you feel like you had a long day at work and you are too tired, to listen when you feel like everything is going wrong in your life, and to help you figure out what you need to do to make you happy!

I am going to end this post with a couple of awesome quotes that I found...
   
"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and belive, and it will come naturally." - David Frost

"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you known you can lose." - Tom Krause

"Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself.  Be bold.  When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore.  Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory." - Alan Alda

"Look within.  Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble up, if thou wilt ever dig." - Marcus Aurelius

And my favorite...this is the one that we shoul ALL aspire to live by...

"Trust yourself.  Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life.  Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement." - Golda Meir

1 comment:

Kati Heifner said...

Wow!!! I'm so glad you posted that for everyone to see! Def put a smile on my face :) I'm so excited that you are part of them! xoxoxo