Thursday, April 7, 2011

It is official....

Last night, I signed up to be a Beachbody coach...and I am SO excited!  And even MORE good news...I am finally feeling better, so I am ready to start bringing it again! 

So I decided last night that I am going to share more of my story...why I am so anxious to transform myself into a healthier, more fit person.  I should probably start at the beginning...

When I was in high school, I was a cheerleader and in TOP shape.  I never weighed more than 105 lbs and I was solid muscle.  Then everything went downhill.  Over Christmas break during my senior year, I came down with mono.  NOT FUN.  Now, I know that people get this everyday, but every person reacts to it differently, just like anything else.  I was out of school for 2 months...I lost a lot of weight (down to 90 lbs at one point), and I was unable to eat or drink anything because my throat was swollen shut.  It was a terrible, terrible experience. 

I have never fully recovered from my "episode".  Having mono destroyed my immune system and also my metabolism.  In other words, I am really susceptible to getting sick (hence my head cold right now), and I gain weight the second that I look at a cookie.  It has been really hard to adjust to because I was always able to eat anything that I wanted and I would NEVER gain a pound.  That is not the case anymore...

So I have made the decision that I am going to make a huge change in my life.  I am taking control of my metabolism whether it likes it or not, and I am not going to let those tempting, sugary foods to attach themselves to my hips!  That is where P90X and Beachbody, along with my AMAZING support team come into play!

I have adopted a healthier lifestyle...eating only clean foods (yeah, I sneak in a little bit of the other stuff, but it is the minimal amount and I work it off in my workout anyway!) and giving up some of the thing that I have relied on to get by...for example...


                                              



Yep!  I gave up coffee aka my fuel to get through the day...cold turkey!  I had the typical headaches, but I just worked through it and learned to LOVE water and all of the delicious, calorie free, good for me additives that I can put into it (love my Xtend!).

       


My daily bagel and cream cheese from Brueggers!  I used to get this with my coffee...now my breakfast is a protein shake and a banana, along with a multi vitamin.  And let me tell you, I am definitely not reaching for a snack at 9 am like I used to after my bagels!



                               



Lastly, I STOPPED MAKING EXCUSES!!!!  "I am too busy"..."I am tired"..."I have to do the dishes"..."My house needs cleaned"...All of these things can wait!  My health is my #1 priority now, even if that means putting off the chores until AFTER I "Bring it" with my new best friend Tony.  Granted I have had to step back because of being sick, but I am so anxious and excited to get back into things! 

I am so glad that I have such an AMAZING and SUPPORTIVE team around me to keep me going...Because motivation is key, no matter what it is!  Even though I don't know most of them, I love them all and am SO thankful that they are in my life :)

If you are interested in your own transformation journey...let me help you!  Together we can move mountains ;) 

No comments: