Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Some quotes for the day...

Good morning! 

I thought today I would take a little break, I don't really have anything off of the top of my head to write about (I have MILLIONS of ideas floating around, but I am not ready to share:) ) so I have decided to post a couple of quotes...Enjoy :)

Life is...

"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfil it.
Life is a sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it."

- Mother Teresa



Just for Today

I will live through the next 12 hours and try not to tackle all of life's problems at once.
I will improve my mind, I will learn something that requires effort and concentration.
I will be agreeable. I will look my best, speak in a well modulated voice, and be courteous and considerate.
I will not find fault with a friend, relative or colleague. I will not try to change or improve anyone but myself.
I will have a programme. I might not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two enemies:
hurry and indecision.
I will do a good turn and keep it a secret. If anyone finds out, it will not count.
I will do two things I don't want to do, just for the exercise.
I will believe in myself. I will give my best to the world and feel confident that the world will give it's best to me.

- Anon





If an individual sets an achievable goal that equitably creates winners, and that individual remains consistently focused on working toward their goal, that individual will achieve their goal or die trying.  If a civilisation sets an achievable goal that equitably creates winners, and that civilisation remains consistently focused on working toward their goal, that civilization will achieve their goal.

Therefore let us empower all in our civilization with open information systems so they can educate themselves, so more may better understand our universe, so we may dream large and true, so we may target a great vision, so we may lift ourselves, our children and our grandchildren up to the most wonderful future possible.

- Matthew Keith Groves


Have a good day everyone! :)
xoxo


No comments: