Monday, June 13, 2011

Fad Diets...


Lately, I have been hearing a lot about fad diets.  The truth of the matter is that these popular, new to the market diets can help provide a temporary fix, but RARELY are beneficial in the long run.

When you look up fad diets on the internet, you will see phrases like "lose weight now" and "quick weight loss diets".  When you look further into these diets, you will come to realize that they are designed to help you drop weight fast by cutting out some pretty imporant nutritional items.  They focus on low calorie intake, which is all well and good if you are not active, but if you work out on a regular basis, you need those calories!  Calories give you the fuel that you need to make it through the day and ESPECIALLY through your workout!  Without them you are going to crash and burn.

After talking to a few people that have participated a fad diets, I discovered that they did in fact lose the weight that they wanted to!  However, they returned to their old eating habits after the diet was completed, and they gained even MORE back!  Not cool, right?

The best way to lose weight is plain and simple.  There is no big secret, no special gimick, no fad diet.  Simply lead a healthy lifestyle!  Exercise daily, eat clean foods that are good for you!  Lots of veggies, lean protein...LOOK at labels.  If you can't pronounce the ingredient, you probably should not eat it.  I have started living my life this way, clean eating, exercising and I have seen results!  I have MUCH more energy and I am just an overall happier person.  Plus I am in the best shape that I have ever been in...and guess what?  It is only going to get better!

How do I know that it is going to get better?  I know because I WANT it to!  I have an amazing support system in my friends and The Bombshell Dynasty, and you can have it too by signing up for FREE and joining me on this amazing journey.  I can help you realize that everything is going to get better...and that with just a few simple lifestyle changes you can ignore those fancy fad diets, lose weight, and improve your overall health without giving up all of the foods that you love!  I did it...and I know that YOU can too!

Well?  What are you waiting for??? :)

No comments: