Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coffee??? Where???

For those of you that know me, you know that coffee is like a lifeline in my life.  Seriously, do not even think about talking to me in the morning before that nectar of the gods hits my lips because it will not be pretty.  Now, I like all kinds of coffee...sweet  coffee, dark coffee, strong coffee, fancy coffee...as long as it is coffee it is ok in my book.

Some of the delicious coffees that I really like to drink are extremely high in sugar and calories...one cup could almost make me reach my caloric limit for the day (hello venti white chocolate mocha!).  So I have set out on a mission to find some healthier substitutes for my yummy coffee...here is what I have found!

Mocha Chiller (starring non other than our favorite...SHAKEOLOGY!)

  • 1 serving of Chocolate Shakeology
  • 1 cup cold coffee
Almond Mocha Chiller


  •  1 serving of Chocolate Shakeology 
  • 1 tsp. almond extract 
  • 1 cup cold coffee 
Skinny Peppermint Mocha


 
Slash calories by replacing sugary syrup with peppermint extract and skipping the whipped cream on top. The boost of intense minty flavor in this mocha is balanced out by dark chocolate syrup and nonfat milk.

 
  • 1/2 c. coffee
  • 2 drops peppermint extract
  • 1/3 c. nonfat milk
  • 2 tbsp. dark chocolate syrup

 Directions:

 
Brew coffee of your choice (or use one package of instant coffee) and pour into a mug. Stir peppermint extract and chocolate syrup into the coffee. Taste and adjust to your liking. Stir in nonfat milk.

  
Makes one serving.



I am still on the hunt for more...and I will post them as soon as I can find them...But for now, enjoy :)

Do you have any at home healthy coffee recipes???  Post them in the comments below or send me an email with the recipe!

 

No comments: