Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Salad

Ok, so I LOVE a good buffalo chicken salad...But I have started a CHALLENGE with some lovely ladies.  This challenge will last 12 weeks and will push not only my fitness levels, but also my mentality and my DIET.  So, so satisfy my buffalo chicken salad craving, I made up this simple, SIMPLE recipe (and yes, it is really THAT simple)...

So I start with a defrosted chicken breast.  I like to cube the chicken BEFORE I cook it because it cooks a lot faster and then you don't have to worry about burning your hands while you try to cut it while it is hot!


I add a little bit of Season All just for taste...

While the chicken is cooking, I go ahead and put together my salad!


I buy the spring mix from the local grocery store and add my own red peppers, yellow peppers, and mushrooms...it looks yummy even WITHOUT the chicken!

After the chicken finishes cooking, it is time to spice things up a bit!!



I add some Frank's Red Hot to the chicken while it is still in the skillet and then toss it around until all of the chicken is coated.  You can add as much or as little as you want, depending on how spicy you want it to be.  I like mine to be REALLY spicy, so I don't hold back with the hot sauce!

Once you do that, just put the chicken on the salad!


I usually top it off with 2 tbsp of fat free ranch dressing :)

See I told you it was easy!  Not to mention it is REALLY yummy :)

No comments: