Monday, September 19, 2011

I am one lucky girl...

I came to realize this past weekend how lucky I am.

I was raised in an awesome family, some of whom I am related to by blood, some of whom became family because we are so close.  Not many people can say that they have been friends with someone their whole life... I can say that I have been blessed with not 1, but 5 friends that I have had my whole life.  This past weekend I got to spend time with 4 of them for one of their weddings...

Eric, Holly, Ryan, Me, and Mark

Rich was the only one missing this weekend...but he got married in March so most of us were together then.

Diana, Rich, and Me

Eric is the next one to get hitched...and his wedding is next year.

Then, the wedding that I am most excited for....Holly is getting married!  She is the little sister that I never had...and I am absolutely HONORED that she asked me to be her Maid of Honor...I am looking forward to planning her special day with her...and celebrating with my lifelong friends again :)


Holly and Me



As I go through my life...no matter how difficult things get...when I feel like I have no one left to turn to...I know that I can rely on these friends to get me through.  I could not speak with them for years, and I would have to do is make a phone call and they would be here in a flash.  Those are the best kind of friendship...the ones that come easily and that you don't have to work hard to keep.  I love my friends. :)

“Even though we’ve changed and we’re all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we’ll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we’re not still friends.”

No comments: