Thursday, September 29, 2011

Clean Eating Caramel Popcorn

So, the way to this girl's heart is through her stomach...by way of a GOOD popcorn.  I know that this may sound absolutely absurd, but it is the truth.  I am getting a tin of Garrett's Popcorn from my Mom for my birthday...it should be delivered today and I cannot even being to tell you how excited I am to indulge myself this weekend :)

However, I decided that since I love my popcorn SO much I wanted to find a recipe for Clean Caramel Popcorn since it is my favorite.  My go-to recipe website is The Gracious Pantry and low and behold...there was a clean eating caramel popcorn recipe....so I though that I would share!

Clean Eating Caramel Popcorn


Ingredients

1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
8-10 cups popped popcorn

Directions

Tip: Read through the steps first so you know what you to. You’ll need to work quickly.

Step 1 – In a small pot, warm the honey on high heat. Bring it to a boil.
Step 2 – Let it boil up in the pot about 1 inch and then quickly remove from heat.
Step 3 – Stir in nut butter with a whisk and whisk until smooth. Should be “pourable”.
Step 4 – Pour over the popcorn and mix with a spoon. The mixture is hot, so don’t be tempted to mix with your hands. I learned that the hard way (Duh!!).
Step 5 – Let it all sit and cool. To me, it tastes better cold. But that could just be me.

Eat and Enjoy!


So go and check out The Gracious Pantry if you haven't already!  Tiffany posts TONS of great, healthy recipes :)

No comments: